Trouth Air Conditioning & Sheet Metal
Trouth Air Conditioning & Sheet Metal, Inc. was formed in 1980 to operate separately from the parent company, Trouth Plumbing & Heating, which was formed in 1958.
At Trouth Air Conditioning & Sheet Metal, Inc., our focus is Customer Service relating to Air Conditioning Sales & Service, Sheet Metal Fabrication & Installation.
To learn more about us, our history, and our services, click the button below.
“Servicing Southwest Louisiana Since the 1950’s”
We proudly offer full service, from installation to repair or replacement, of the following:
- Commercial Cooling
- Commercial Heating
- Sheet Metal Ductwork
- Commercial Refrigeration
As cooler temperatures approach here in Lake Charles, LA, you will need to transition your heat pump from being a cooling source to supplying heat. It is time to schedule maintenance before temperatures drop and you need the heating system to function properly.
Some Things You Can do at Home:
- Replace the air filter.
- Remove any growth from a two to three foot area around the outdoor section of your heat pump.
- Clean out the coils before cold weather makes this difficult.
- Check your thermostat settings and adjust for cold weather.
- Flush and clean the drain line. Remember to prime the trap, if necessary.
- If your unit uses electric heat, check all of the wiring for discoloration and heat damage.
Things You Should Leave to the Professionals:
- Have the refrigerant checked to ensure there is a safe level. Refrigerant levels need to remain consistent, even in the cold weather.
- Electrical connections will be inspected to check for exposed wiring or loose connections.
- Blower motor should be oiled. Blower wheels should be inspected for balance.
- A professional will check the energy efficiency of your unit. If any problems are present, they should be repaired before operating the heating system.
- Check and clean the evaporator coils.
Transitioning your heat pump to heat for fall and winter by performing the necessary maintenance tasks will minimize the risk of a breakdown, improve indoor air quality, and extend the life of your system components.
Need HVAC Service?
Contact the experts!
Trouth Air Conditioning provides professional air conditioning, heating, indoor air quality, sheet metal services and more to businesses and residents in Lake Charles, Sulphur, Westlake, Moss Bluff, Bell City, Cameron, DeQuincy, Grand Lake, Hackberry, Iowa, Kinder, Orange, Starks, Vinton, Welsh, and surrounding Louisiana communities. Visit our service area page to learn more about how we can service you. Contact us today at 337-527-8683 or request service online.